Acclaimed water hydraulic manipulator for patch clamping.
The MHW-3 was Narishige's first water hydraulic micromanipulator specially designed for patch clamping. Its water hydraulic system has a lower coefficient of expansion than an oil hydraulic system and allows precise movement. A 1:5 cartridge is incorporated to minimize drifting. The large, rigid driving unit enables fine movements and coarse manipulations and a sturdy ball joint is also included. Installation is made more rigid by securing attachments with a double adapter or an isolation table, eliminating direct attachments to the bar. The drum-type control unit has a large handle for precise operation and high linear repeatability. Overall, design considerations are focused on precision movement and stability over long periods of time.
* For attachment to the microscope, a suitable mounting adapter (sold separately) is required.
* The micromanipulator can be mounted directly on an isolation table.
* This model can be firmly fixed to any part of the isolation table with the GJ-12 thin-type magnetic stand (sold separately).
* AP-12/AP-12L/AP-12N/AP-13-2 patch clamp headstage holders can be attached on the B-9 ball joint, incorporated in the manipulator.
* Combining the B-9 ball joint included with the micromanipulator with the MHW-4 one-axis water hydraulic micromanipulator (sold separately) enables four-dimensional remote controlled movement.
|Accessories included||B-9 Ball Joint
H-12 Electrode Holder
|Movement range||Coarse||X30mm, Y30mm, Z30mm
Full rotation of knob approx. 4mm
|Fine||X2mm, Y2mm, Z2mm
Full rotation of knob 50µm
Minimum graduation 0.2µm
|Dimensions/Weight||Control unit||W115 × D115 × H132mm, 1.6kg|
|Drive unit||W155 × D155 × H100mm, 900g|